Festive Activities to get up to!

21:35:00


I for one, am beginning to feel the days becoming more chilly and having to layer up in clothes to warm myself up. This can only mean one thing... CHRISTMAS IS COMING!!! In exactly five weeks to be precise. 

This year I am ecstatic for the Christmas Season to begin. I love the whole cheery vibe that everybody seems to have. Being away from my family can prove difficult at times, but because I am away from them for so long, this makes my excitement for Christmas double.

Lately, I have been quite busy; between studying for exams, maintaining a reasonable social life and getting an adequate amount of sleep so blogging hasn't been the first thing to come to mind on my mental to do list for the day. However, because I am in the festive spirit, I have decided to write a small blog post on just a few things you can do this festive season, just a few ideas to brighten your mood I suppose.



The following is a list of my recommended activities for this winter season!

1. Go Ice-Skating : If you should go Ice-Skating anytime, Christmas time is exactly the right time to go. It doesn't matter if you're not the best at it (Personally, I suck), but it's just about getting out and about. 

2. Go Christmas Shopping : Most people go Christmas Shopping to buy their cherished ones gifts for Christmas. <3

3. If you're more creative you could make your very own personalised gifts for people. You could make simple things like scraps books. I'm sure your friend/girlfriend/sister/brother or whoever is receiving the gift will love it!

4. Watch a selection of Christmas Movies - Christmas time is a great time for all types of movies but watching specifically Christmas Movies is a must! Think of all the classics like "The Grinch", "Home Alone" or "The Santa Clause". Don't these movies just make you ecstatic for Christmas.

5. Watch a selection of Disney Movies - I don't know about you but I feel that Christmas is the best time to watch all your favourite Disney movies. It has been my yearly habit to watch Disney's "Tangled" every Christmas.

6. Make your own Minced pies - If you're quite the chef then why not make some festive mince pies. They are absolutely delicious and so appropriate for the season. If you don't want to make mince pies there are many other things you can make such as Christmas puddings or Christmas Cake which is equally as yummy.

7. Decorate your House - Decorating your house, flat or apartment with an assortment of Christmas decorations is a must to give your pad that festive vibe that gives you a warm fuzzy feeling inside. You could even make your own decorations if you were on a budget!

8. Buy a Chocolate Advent Calendar - I am nineteen years old and I am not in the slightest bit religious. However, I feel that I will never out grow the pure joy of buying a chocolate advent calender and eating a chocolate every day for 24 consecutive days on the count down for Christmas. I advise you to do the same.

9. Make your very own Christmas Crackers - Christmas Crackers are probably one of the most fun aspects of Christmas, according to me anyway! These things are extremely easy to make. You can easily search for DIY videos on YouTube or wait for a tutorial I will be doing on this blog.  


That is my list of activities I feel that most people should be getting up to this Christmas. Let me know if you are excited for Christmas and what sort of plans you have, I'll see you soon and I hope you enjoyed this blogpost! :)

Ellen
x x x x x x x x x x

You Might Also Like

32 comments

  1. We have an ice skating rink here in Florida that i have been to once... I am so bad at ice skating... i don't even know how to roller skate! I fell a few times (okay, a lot of times) but it was still fun! :P

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try it again! You only live once. <3

      Delete
  2. I definitely want to whack the Christmas movies out :D

    Style Sunrise ☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. great, great post ;) your posts are always amazing!

    mfashionfreak♥blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tips! That reminds me - I have to go Christmas shopping!

    www.jeannechristinemarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I still have shopping to do myself :)

      Delete
  5. Oh..... I have to go shopping for Christmas!!!!
    Great post!
    Happy sunday!

    Kisses, love Paola.

    Expressyourself

    My Facebook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with your Christmas Shopping :)
      Glad you liked my post. :)

      Delete
  6. Thanks for sharing!
    Greyavenue.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really wish I was better at ice skating! I love the idea of it but once I do it I just fall. Haha :) Maybe this year I'll be better at it!

    Christina
    http://kissesandflowers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey hahaha. I'm absolutely atrocious at it. But I still go and try :)

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Awh I hope you have a wonderful Christmas :)

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thank you very much! Merry Christmas. :)

      Delete
  10. Perfection <3
    wish you a great week ahead…
    Borka
    www.chicfashionworld.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you so much and happy Christmas to you :)

      Delete
  11. That's nice! Thanks for the suggestions!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas :)

      Delete
  12. Nice!

    Maria
    http://stylelistbyme.blogspot.com/
    http://instagram.com/maria_tatarskaya/

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are really great ideas! I absolutely love this time of year and I usually do all of these things as well :)

    xx
    Kendra | It's a Bug's Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you so much. :)
      I hope you have great fun doing them.
      Merry Christmas :)

      Delete
  14. Love… beautiful tree
    Happy Thanksgiving!
    Borka
    http://chicfashionworld.com/charlotte-russe-giveaway/

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment and tell me what you thought!

StyleWe

View StyleWe

The Girl Gang!

Dorkface

Jexshop

Dress Link!