Festive Activities to get up to!21:35:00
I for one, am beginning to feel the days becoming more chilly and having to layer up in clothes to warm myself up. This can only mean one thing... CHRISTMAS IS COMING!!! In exactly five weeks to be precise.
This year I am ecstatic for the Christmas Season to begin. I love the whole cheery vibe that everybody seems to have. Being away from my family can prove difficult at times, but because I am away from them for so long, this makes my excitement for Christmas double.
Lately, I have been quite busy; between studying for exams, maintaining a reasonable social life and getting an adequate amount of sleep so blogging hasn't been the first thing to come to mind on my mental to do list for the day. However, because I am in the festive spirit, I have decided to write a small blog post on just a few things you can do this festive season, just a few ideas to brighten your mood I suppose.
The following is a list of my recommended activities for this winter season!
1. Go Ice-Skating : If you should go Ice-Skating anytime, Christmas time is exactly the right time to go. It doesn't matter if you're not the best at it (Personally, I suck), but it's just about getting out and about.
2. Go Christmas Shopping : Most people go Christmas Shopping to buy their cherished ones gifts for Christmas. <3
3. If you're more creative you could make your very own personalised gifts for people. You could make simple things like scraps books. I'm sure your friend/girlfriend/sister/brother or whoever is receiving the gift will love it!
4. Watch a selection of Christmas Movies - Christmas time is a great time for all types of movies but watching specifically Christmas Movies is a must! Think of all the classics like "The Grinch", "Home Alone" or "The Santa Clause". Don't these movies just make you ecstatic for Christmas.
5. Watch a selection of Disney Movies - I don't know about you but I feel that Christmas is the best time to watch all your favourite Disney movies. It has been my yearly habit to watch Disney's "Tangled" every Christmas.
6. Make your own Minced pies - If you're quite the chef then why not make some festive mince pies. They are absolutely delicious and so appropriate for the season. If you don't want to make mince pies there are many other things you can make such as Christmas puddings or Christmas Cake which is equally as yummy.
7. Decorate your House - Decorating your house, flat or apartment with an assortment of Christmas decorations is a must to give your pad that festive vibe that gives you a warm fuzzy feeling inside. You could even make your own decorations if you were on a budget!
8. Buy a Chocolate Advent Calendar - I am nineteen years old and I am not in the slightest bit religious. However, I feel that I will never out grow the pure joy of buying a chocolate advent calender and eating a chocolate every day for 24 consecutive days on the count down for Christmas. I advise you to do the same.
9. Make your very own Christmas Crackers - Christmas Crackers are probably one of the most fun aspects of Christmas, according to me anyway! These things are extremely easy to make. You can easily search for DIY videos on YouTube or wait for a tutorial I will be doing on this blog.
That is my list of activities I feel that most people should be getting up to this Christmas. Let me know if you are excited for Christmas and what sort of plans you have, I'll see you soon and I hope you enjoyed this blogpost! :)
x x x x x x x x x x