Hectic Home Haul!

12:38:00

Things are pretty hectic at the moment for me. There's a lot happening at the moment; I'm transferring from second level education to third level, I have my debutant ball to attend tomorrow and I am moving into UCD student accomodation in just over a week! There is a lot of organisation to be done in such a short space of time.


It has just dawned on me that I am going to need many many things to survive on my own, from kitchen utensils to extra storage. I began searching for things yesterday when I was in Carlow with my mother. I was on a search for necessities and decor for my student accomodation. This is only the beginning. I still have so much rummaging to do around the house for storage boxes, decor and tools that can be used around my new temporary living space. 

I thought it would be a nice idea to show you the kind of things I have collected so far! 

Clothes hangers are extremely handy to have, especially when you have as many clothes as I do. The velvet texture on these hangers not only have a lovely feeling texture to them but they also hold clothes better than the boring wooden ones as well as maximise wardrobe space. I'd most certainly recommend velvet hangers any day!

Kitchen towels are a must for drying dishes and the likes. I got three, two which have a pink stripe pattern similar to gingham and one with a picture of a cat printed on it that says "Home is where your cat is". I couldn't resist buying this as I love my own cat Belle to pieces and I will miss her when I am away. :( 

You can't eat without cutlery or bowls or plates. Although I don't have plates yet I have some beautiful teal coloured bowls and mugs which will be perfect for my breakfast. I also got a small set of cutlery. I found some spare placemats at home which I thought would come in handy too! 

It isn't always necessary to buy things. You can always do cute DIYs to make things you'll need. I made some containers that I'm surely taking with me. Here is a link to my blogpost to how I made them : http://fishnetsxd.blogspot.ie/2014/08/crafty-containers.html?m=1

My mum also had some fake flowers around which I put in one of the jars for extra decoration.

This is a chest which I've had awhile at home. This will be perfect for jewelry and the likes.

I haven't put a lot of thought into what appliance I will be taking with me. Seeing as I like to eat healthy smoothies and eggs a lot I thought that a blender and an egg boiler would come in handy and would be used to an optimum level. I have a post on breakfasts here: http://fishnetsxd.blogspot.ie/2014/08/healthy-breakfast-ideas-3.html?m=1

I found these pillows at my house which aren't being utilised anymore. I'll probably bring them with me to spice up my dull room a little more which an added pinch of colour.

That's it for the first bits and bobs I have gathered and decided to bring with me on the road trip to campus. You don't necessarily have to buy every thing from scratch. A lot of things you'll have lying around the place. I really hope that this post will help some people who are moving to college or even just moving away. 

See you soon,
Ellen 
X x x x x x x x x x 

You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. Great haul!!!
    Kisses darling!!!
    http://expressyourselfbypaolalauretano.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  2. First time visits here, nice blog and sharing, I wish you to have a happy day~ =D

    Regards,
    (A Growing Teenager Diary Malaysia)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's no surprise that it's your first visit. I'm glad you like my blog. :) I will surely have a look at yours too. :)

      Delete
  3. Velvet hangers are a must at my house too. Except mine are all black, but I love your pink ones! Looks like you're well organized for your move.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are an excellent idea. I need to pick up a few more before I go.

      I hope I'm well organised and have everything in order for this move anyways :)

      Delete
  4. Lovely cat towel! :)

    I hope that you visit my blog too and maybe follow: SPIKED-SOUL.BLOGSPOT.COM :)
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh I'm so glad you liked this. I will of course check out your blog and you'll get a follow if I like the blog :)

      Delete
  5. nice stuff! :)
    now we know more about you :) lovely!

    http://thegrisgirl.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always glad people enjoy my posts. :) thanks. :)

      Delete
  6. Love the hangers, I just have normal metal ones at my house - so I'm a bit jealous :)

    vvnightingale.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha velvet all the way. XD they are perfect for college rooms cause storage Is pretty limited.

      Delete
  7. I love the teal cups and bowl! It would look brilliant against white or pattern plates. I will be moving soon too so this post is great for some ideas, thank you!

    Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them too. I think they'd look cool against orange or white to be honest. I'm really glad that this post helped you and I hope that you have a safe move. Thanks for reading. :)

      Delete
  8. Good luck at college, looks like you're pretty prepared already! I only bought like one plate to university with me because it's such a hassle traveling with loads of kitchenware and people end up stealing spare ones anyway haha! Love the little jars and jewellery chest!

    Efflorescent Dream
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you. I just want to be prepared. XD

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment and tell me what you thought!

StyleWe

View StyleWe

The Girl Gang!

Dorkface

Jexshop

Dress Link!