Healthy breakfast ideas. :3

01:32:00

Everyone knows that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It is the meal that energises us for the day ahead of us. People don't always acknowledge how vital breakfast really is. There are a vast amount of people, predominantly teenage girls who skip this meal. I'm not particularly sure why. I believe it is a weight-issue, none of which I have. Breakfast is hence one of my favourite meals of the day. There is a wide variety of things you can eat. Cereal isn't the whole story with breakfast anymore. This summer I have really been enjoying eating different breakfasts that I wouldn't normally eat myself which are both tasty and benefit me nutritionally. I thought it would be cool to share my ideas on healthy breakfasts which could benefit you.


Fruit Smoothies

Making smoothies is an excellent way of maximising your fruit intake. Having a sweet tooth, I find that a smoothie is a much healthier option than snacking on chocolate or sweets during the day. When there is a lot of fruit included in the drink it seems to fill you up and prepare you for the day. Fruit is incredibly beneficial as it gives you a variety of vitamins required by the body. 

If you want to know how to make a nice smoothie, be sure to check my blog post "fruity tips" in the link below! 

http://fishnetsxd.blogspot.ie/2014/07/fruity-tips.html?m=1

Avocad and Egg on toast


This meal was undoubtedly influenced by Niomi Smart, a youtuber who made a video on healthy breakfasts. The only difference between our meals is that I used toast and I boiled my eggs rather than poached them. I think it's best to stick with what you're used to! I have immensely enjoyed the combination of the two. I found that the taste of the avocados blended well with the eggs. The best thing about this meal is that it does wonders to the body. Eggs have a high biological protein value of 100%. Despite having cholesterol situated in the egg yolk, we still get all of our essential proteins through eating eggs. Avocados are extremely healthy also. I've been told that they are one of the best things you can eat. They contain healthy fats which are needed by the body. As well as this it is a great source of potassium and vitamins such as K, E, C and the B group vitamins. 

I'd highly recommend this as a breakfast.


Healthier a than cereals, porridge and wheatabix!

Believe it or not, a lot of the commonly eaten cereals are loaded with sugar, sugar that most certainly isn't needed. Examples of these are Cheerios, Frosties or Corn flakes. It has been said to me that Wheatabix or porridge are the most healthy breakfast cereals that could be eaten by one. 

Honestly I haven't eaten these this summer at all. I visualise porridge as a winter time breakfast as it is served warm. I also haven't had wheatabix in my house in god knows how long.

I am very much considering eating wheatabix once I start college as financially it is more affordable. Another appeal with these kind of cereals is that they are versatile. You could put yoghurt or fruit or honey on top of your wheatabix or porridge to mix things up. That way you will not be bored of the same old cereal every single day!

What have you guys been eating for breakfast? I'd really love to see your variations of some of these ideas so if you want you can instagram me or tweet me a picture with the hashtag #breakfastwithfishnetsxd 

I'll see you soon, 
Ellen 
x x x x x

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. I really love eating wheatabix - although I'm a bit weird because I only like it dry. I've been having the unhealthiest breakfasts recently - curiously cinnamon cereal, it's so tasty though. Personally my favourite healthy breakfast is fresh raspberries.

    vvnightingale.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't matter how we eat things as long as they are doing some good for us! It's ok to treat ourselves every so often anyways!

      Delete
  2. Breakfast is by far my favourite meal of the day! Eggs and avocado are the perfect duo for me! Loved reading through this post of your ideas :)

    Style Sunrise☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really super healthy and nice. I'm glad you enjoyed this post! :)

      Delete
  3. thanks for the tips! going to try the avocado egg! your right, stick to things you know :)

    NEW POST Jennos Health.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment and tell me what you thought!

StyleWe

View StyleWe

The Girl Gang!

Dorkface

Jexshop

Dress Link!