Crafty Containers!

20:44:00



I find when you're a girl, storage is an essential. Whether you are storing makeup, make up brushes, jewelry or hair clips, there is a vast amount of boxes or containers you can store them in. They come in different shapes and sizes!


One option is to buy some storage boxes. Or one could be creative and make their very own. Yesterday I was feeling particularly crafty and decided to make some for myself. I had a rummage around my house for any plastic boxes or glasses that were no longer in use. I used a lot of different things from pasta jars, to sweet containers to strawberry boxes! When I found them I gave them a wash with hot water to sterilise them. It was important to give the glasses a wash especially as they had previously been used for pasta sauce! I then consulted a craft book I have owned since my tenth birthday. It was bought for me by my grandmother. It contains project ideas and some scraps which are Victorian style. I stuck the cutout scraps onto my glasses and plastic boxes with the help of some glue. I also added some red and green leafy tissue paper into some of the containers to make them look prettier!!

I find that this is a cheap alternative for storage and decor particularly for those on a budget. I'll most likely be using them when I go to university. I really hope that this inspires somebody!

Have you guys been creating anything crafty?
Let me know in the comments.

See you soon,
Ellen,
x x x x x x 




You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Lovely, has a bit of a vintage touch :)
    Thank you for visiting my blog, I`ll follow you on G+, maybe you can follow me back :)
    You commented on a pink dress where I got it, to answer your question, I got it on ebay.uk, it was shipped from china, if you type in bustier dress, you will get lots of results :)
    Have a great day :)

    http://dreamland1234.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a bit of vintage. XD I think I have followed you so hopefully I'll get a follow back. That dress was cute. It's great the variety that is available. :3 thanks for visiting my blog too and telling me where you got the dress. :3

      Delete
  2. Cute idea, I love the vintage touch :)

    http://vvnightingale.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) they save you a lot of money too!

      Delete
  3. I like the idea of using jars for storage. Love that book!

    besos,
    M
    http://theflowerduet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too! I think it gives a kind of old antique or vintage feeling to a place. They are perfect for make up brushes, pencils, hair brushes or even toothbrushes.

      Do you own that book too? What projects have you done from it?

      Delete
  4. Great ideas, Ellen. I love re-purposing things like jars and other everyday items. My latest craft project was making a no-sew bunting for my baby's nursery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really glad you like these ideas. I hope you can apply them to many of your own diys. :)

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment and tell me what you thought!

StyleWe

View StyleWe

The Girl Gang!

Dorkface

Jexshop

Dress Link!